Monday, June 13, 2011

Out of the best books!

So I know that this is my first post and I believe what you really all want to hear from me is a little bit about myself... Sadly you won't be getting that information in this post.  However, I will let you inside my head a little bit.  I really love literature. I love how things are written and how the words on a page form something that is awe inspiring.  I am astonished at how great authors can not only pull us into great literature but they can really make you feel something powerful. From every word that you read you feel empowered.


I have come to the conclusion that there are not only great writers but great speakers who are smart enough to put their words in writing.   There is an intangible immortalized power that is given from God to authors.  It is put into their minds and released into their fingers so that they might be able to share the deepest thoughts of his heart.  Once the words are down on paper they carry an immense enlightening capability to your consciousness.  As each word is read it enters into your mind and can flourish in your soul; empowering you with a divine spark that envelops the soul and enlightens the world. As each book opens, it opens a new world to your view and imagination.  As we internalize the words given to us I can’t help but feel for a brief second the veil part and God smiling down on me.  It is as if I have finally come across this great gift he had ready for me and had just been waiting for me to find it and open it.  As I reread passages and apply them to myself I continue to feel his love as if I had just found the secret hidden message specifically written for me.  I now have no doubt of the need for the scripture in Doctrine and covenants 88:118 which says “And as all have not faith, seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith.  God has immortalized his words specifically for you in Books which he has inspired for your learning and growth.
Many times we get too caught up in the world and everything that is going on around us that we don't realize what we have right in front of us.  Even though many people don't find reading very entertaining and even though it is a little slower by reading we are better able to truly understand something and apply it for in our lives. To me you don't get the same affect or feeling from listening to a book on tape or watching a movie as you do from reading a book, which is why I find it so important for us to read and read often; especially the Book of Mormon.  Although it may be a little difficult to understand at first with time as we become more familiar with the way that it is written we will be able to understand it more clearly and apply it to our lives more thoroughly.  By doing this we will be able to draw closer to the Lord and receive his strength to overcome anything that is thrown in our path.
So as you probably can guess, throughout this blog I am not only going to be talking about myself but I will be talking about scriptures, and quotes that have impacted me and why.  I hope that one day or somehow this might be able to help someone somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment